Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So I have changed my concentration several times now, but I have finally settled on one that I am really excited about. My concentration would be installations centered around the theme of human absence. Instalations are more or less taking a space and transforming it in some way. They're site specific pieces of art that exist specifically for the space they were created in. By "human absence" I mean what our world as it currently exists (with buildings, homes, etc.) would be like if humans were not here. I will focus specifically on my home and create installations that show nature overtaking the home, with animal nests, plants, and other natural forces invading the space. Each project or instalation will be a different thing that has taken over a space in my home. For example, one will be a room that has been turned into a bee hive. Another will be one in which a spider has made a giant nest. One will be the roots of a tree coming through the walls. Below are some pics of different things that I will do installations on.












1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited about this! I hope it is a do-able thing.

    ReplyDelete