Monday, November 1, 2010

I know that the family projects are already due, but I am still working on mine. I really like making human forms, but it comes with a lot of challenges. For example, trying to make the heads is really difficult, because all of the features are very small. Right now I have the basic forms and I need to start making more details. The idea behind this project is placing a human family in the position of a family in nature, like a family of wolves or bears. Animals have such basic, necessary family units, without the stress that society puts on human families. This project is trying to show the natural simplicity that human families should have.
While I am finishing that project I will also be working on throwing some forms. I want to start by throwing some bowls and vases to freshen up my skills, and then make some pieces that I have been drawing in my sketchbook.

2 comments:

  1. I think it will turn out great, and now that I know the idea behind it its even cooler. how will you fire it? regular glaze or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. at this stage they remind me of the figures that were cast by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius....you should look it up before you continue...

    ReplyDelete