Wednesday, November 3, 2010


Right now I am still working on my human sculptures. (Not the one in the picture). I am pretty sure that I want to do human sculptures for my concentration though. I want to do another human sculpture when I am done with the one I am working on right now. In the next one though I thing I am going to focus on a section of the body to focus on really getting muscle shapes and finer details in the sculptures. I need to get Amy's book and study the bones and muscles in bodies so I can more accurately make the sculptures. I want them to be realistic. I am really interested in acurately creating a human body in clay. I chose this picture because I think it is a good example of really showing all the bones, muscles, and anatomy correctly. If I understand those aspects better, then I will be able to shape the bodies quicker and more accurately. I won't need to rely on pictures like I did for my current project, but instead I'll be able to follow the bone and muscle makeup of humans to make the sculptures. So I really need to get to know the human body, its shape, proportion, muscles, bones, and the way they all interact.

No comments:

Post a Comment