Friday, February 19, 2010

Tin Can Lanterns


Right now I am a little torn with my current piece. This project was a bunch of lanterns made out of tin cans. I was really going for that down to earth, almost hillbilly Huck Finn type look. I love how they all look when they are lit up. I was able to accomplish what I wanted them to do. The problem is that it isn't like any of the lanterns are very impressive in and of themselves, and I don't know if they would be considered art as much as a craft project. I really love the effect they have with the light though and the mood that they create. Again, the problem is that really anyone could make these and there is nothing super special, i guess, or unique about them. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. It's kind of hard to see from your picture (because it's dark) but I really like these. Are all of the holes punched differently? What did you use for the handle?

    ReplyDelete