Thursday, September 16, 2010

I have been doing some random projects in the studio since school started, but I wanted to post about what has really been on my mind. I've been thinking about my concentration a lot lately. I am pretty certain that my concentration will be non abstract human statues. The goal of the statues will be to convey an emotion or idea about humans/humanity/the human spirit. I have been debating whether or not I want to use any color on my statues. My idea is to make them out of porcelain and maybe do a clear glaze, but other than that not have any glaze effects. Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. i think that is a great idea! how are you planning on making them? and i think color would be cool but you should keep it fairly simple so that the focus will stay on the form. i cant wait to see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concept of nonabstract human sculptures sounds really challenging, so it'll be cool to see you work on them! I'm not really sure why, but the idea of the clear glaze just doesnt settle well with me. Maybe because humans arent shiny... I dont really know. Just a thought Maximo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Kenzi with the clear glaze. Maybe do a matte glaze? Anyway I look the idea and it sounds like alot of hard work getting details of the forms down. I can not wait to see some.

    ReplyDelete