Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lantern Ideas

As part of my concentration I have been working on lanterns and thinking up some designs for some other "illuminated objects." Right now I am working on a lantern made from wire(picture posted). Its a pretty basic lantern, but working with it's fun, because as simple as it is, it's pretty time consuming to make. I'm making a net out of wire that will be turned into the sides of the lantern. I also have some ideas for a hanging lantern. Basically I want to take a bunch of glass bottles and hang them together with candles inside of them. I need to find a way to cut holes in the bottles though. I've been thinking that I don't need to use candles for all my projects as the light source, but I love the light that comes from them, the way it flickers and has color.

No comments:

Post a Comment